Credit: Photographer: Andrew Hayes-Watkins
Makes 8 servings.
6 fresh, whole beets, cooked & peeled
31/4 cups vegetable broth - low sodium,
1/2 cup sour cream
4 tbsp red wine or balsamic vinegar
3/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
1/3 medium cucumber, peeled & seeded
4 tsp fresh dill weed, 4 sprigs to garnish
8 tsp sour cream - for garnish
1. Cut the beet into 2" cubes.
2. Puree beets with cucumber, broth, vinegar, dill, and salt until smooth.
3. Spoon mixture into bowls.
4. Either stir a tsp of sour cream into soup or placed on top.
5. Garnish with sprig of dill.
6. Serve either at room temperature, hot or cold.